Currently there are approximate 71 licence plate recognition (LPR) camera and overview cameras covering main exits and entrances of the Atlantic Sea Board.
They are already showing massive value and success.
Our intelligence gathering, information sharing with SAPS, strategic patrolling and targeted responses have all increased massively due to these cameras.
Some of the highlights are:
* Burglar crews identified via LPR and some arrested on re-entering the area.
* Positively identifying the vehicles involved in a muggings and some promptly arrested on re-entering the area
* Chasing hijackers out the area on several occasions
* Bag snatcher crews arrested.
* Positively identifying the suspects involved in a bank following and subsequent armed robbery
The LPR has proved a pivotal crime fighting tool within the area and will continue to be expanded as more funds become available via community donations.
DONATE via EFT
Account Name: Sea Point CID
Bank: FNB, Account Number: 62501134803
Branch Code: 201809 - Sea Point , Ref: LPR (Area)
Or click the online donation link: http://lulaviva.com/50f63